04 October 2008

I highly

highly, highly recommend the audiobook version of Dreams from My Father, read by the author.

Sarah Palin makes me furious on so many levels, but her snarky description of him as a "man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate" (which is false) makes me wonder if she has bothered to read them, which I think would surely be wise. Dreams is a thoughtful, honest, and insightful meditation on race and family. Mocking it reveals a world view that is so debased and cynical, that...well, consider the source.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I hear her speak or read one of the transcripts ( morbid curiousity)
I feel like banging my head against the pavement.
Perhaps reading a good book
(or listening to it)
is just the cure...
xoxox